Have you passed GCE Ordinary Level examination including English? Please refer to the job advert for further information.
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. The Global Service Delivery Colombo embodies HSBC Group's global footprint, network and integrated, streamlined models for processes and systems. We are a dynamic organization that focuses on employing and engaging a young demographic at the prime of their career potential and those aspiring to grow further within an internationally renowned financial institution. Areas within GSD Colombo include HSBC Securities Services (HSS), Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance Operations, Banking Operations and Global Publishing Services.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Data Processing Executive (Fixed Term Contract).
What you'll do:
- Review customer documentation to ensure customers Tax Status is accurately updated and reported ensuring
- compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures and external regulations;
- Ensure all data is reviewed again all Core Banking Systems, validated and are kept up to date.
- Work on the assigned tasks with primary focus on quality.
- Escalate all pending actions which are not actioned beyond the agreed timelines to resolve issues for better customer experience.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Keep current with understanding of systems, policies, procedures
- Follow appropriate escalation matrix and proactively highlight questionable profiles to Assistant Manager of Operations.
- Meeting all the performance & behavior standards in line with HSBC requirement.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- GCE Ordinary Level (including Credit in English)
- Flexibility to work shifts
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently
- Good computer keyboard skills and knowledge on MS Excel is an added advantage
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Training will be provided following online/ classroom methods.
- Selected candidates are expected to learn quickly and apply knowledge appropriately. Self-motivated, pragmatic (sense of urgency is a must)
- Recognizes the need to escalate to management
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role."
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please click the APPLY button to SEND your CV via XPRESSJOBS