Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or NDT/NDES/HNDA or equivalent Qualification in Mechanical Engineering? Please refer to the job advert for further information.
Cantec Printing and Packaging (Pvt) Ltd is a pioneer manufacturer in Metal & Plastic Packaging, for food and Paint Industries in Sri Lanka as a fully owned subsidiary of the diversified conglomerate of Silicon Holdings. Silicon Holding is powered by over 280 dedicated employees who share a common vision of excellence in their professional attitudes. We have five (05) manufacturing facilities at Industrial Estate, Ekala, Ja-Ela and two (02) manufacturing facilities at Kamburugamuwa, Matara. We provide the best packaging solution in the fastest manner to meet the growing industrial requirement. In order to facilitate further expansion Cantec has set its sights on taking on board professional achievers to lift the company to its next level in pursuit of excellence. Applications are called from the suitable candidate to fill the following vacancy at our manufacturing facility at Industrial Estate, Ekala, Ja-Ela.
Executive - Mechanical Engineering | Ekala, Ja-Ela
Responsible for managing and maintaining the mechanical engineering aspect of the overall plant, whilst also managing the operations and maintenance of the supportive service so as to ensure an uninterrupted manufacturing process.
Implementing operational and maintenance management systems, whilst promptly attending to work orders and requesting to ensure that the supporting services are provided without interruption, with the objective of minimizing plant and machinery down time.
- Maintaining adequate inventory management systems and ensuring that critical machine spare parts are available at all times.
- Formulating and implementing proper maintenance management systems, so as to ensure the effective functioning of all production and service machinery.
- Ensuring that the mechanical workshop is effectively managed by the provision of adequate tools and equipment to maintain all engineering services.
- Designing and managing the mechanical aspects of modifications, upgrades, developments, new installations and commissioning of the plant and machinery to fulfill production requirements.
- Ensuring the preventive maintenance schedule and coordinating with Production and Planning Divisions to obtain the release of relevant machinery to facilitate their servicing.
- Initiating the implementation of special projects for the conservation of water, electricity and furnace oil whilst making required modifications to facilitate the process and enhance productivity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or NDT/NDES/HNDA or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years' working experience in a similar capacity in a manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge on workshop technology and manufacturing techniques and systems.
- Proficiency in CAD software packages and Working knowledge of Lean and TPM principles and knowledge of improving the operational processes.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Leadership & Analytical skills.
- Age should be below 35 years.
Please click on the APPLY button to send in your CV via XpressJobs
Unemployment in Sri Lanka is estimated to be over 400,000, Share this job and help another!