Track record of 3 years on teams that rapidly ship high-quality mobile or web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users. Please refer to the job advert for further information.
Senior Platform Engineer (Work from Home)
About the Job:
TreeDots ensures that unsold food never goes to waste. We want it to make its way to businesses like restaurants, cafes and others that can benefit from it. Treedots wants the world to achieve more with less, and reduce precious food waste in order to reduce our already overtaxed food production environment and lessen the burden on the climate.
We accomplish this by building an innovative platform that digitises the existing offline Business to Business (B2B) process of connecting food suppliers to their purchasers who need regular food inventory to operate their businesses. This domain has never been broken into before with a software solution, and to this day most transactions are handled with pen and paper over the phone. We believe that our team will be the first one to succeed, and we have an exciting track record and trajectory of traction to prove that this is possible.
With one foot in Southeast Asia and one in Silicon Valley, we are an Amasia VC venture-backed growth-stage startup with the ambitions of the next great tech success story. We believe that Treedots’ cause makes a real difference, and we are looking for more missionaries like us to step up to this important challenge. We have real, large paying customers and we are building a company on real business fundamentals.
We are seeking an experienced, talented Platform Engineer to join the engineering team at Treedots in Singapore or remotely anywhere around the world. You’ll be bringing your skills and expertise to design, build and scale our highly available and distributed SaaS platform and its numerous applications that make our business possible and essential to many.
You will be working in an Agile and test-driven environment, given the autonomy to decide the best way to design, ship and support the system. You will use the best tools for the job and follow industry best practices to ship a product that is truly valuable to our users and partners.
Some of the focus of our engineering for 2021 are;
- Build infrastructure that powers our GraphQL API on the backend and on all client platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Scale and evolve our API platform to support continued growth and new use cases
- Enable a service-oriented architecture at TreeDots
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI, and Backend teams to design, build and extend merchant, vendor, and/or consumer-facing products, platforms, and features
- Be primarily focused on the front end of Treedot’s SaaS products.
- Get to work on your deliverable end-to-end, from the UX to the deployment logic.
- Create, improve and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and without incurring debt.
- Work closely with Treedots users, product managers, customer support representatives, and account managers to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless automation.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- Work with your delivery team on raising the company’s technical bar through code reviews, knowledge sharing, lectures, pair programming and much more.
You will do it by
- Being part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
- Efficiently prioritizing your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- Experimenting, testing, trying, failing, succeeding, and learning incessantly.
Your first week at TreeDots
- You will build and run TreeDots in your development environment
- You will get to know your teammates and join our delivery rituals
- You will ship your first small bug fix to production for thousands of users to see
- You will ship a meaningful change to an existing feature
- You will review your team’s PRs and suggest improvements
- You will ship code part of a new feature release from your team
- You will start mentoring more junior Treedots engineers based on all you’ve learned so far
- You will design, deliver and own an entire feature of the Treedots product
- You will determine and decide upon the technical direction of the TreeDots product with your team
- You have a track record of 3 years on teams that rapidly ship high-quality mobile or web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users. Having done this in a startup context is a plus.
- You have experience conducting code reviews, providing constructive and empathetic feedback to other engineers.
- You have great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. We are a startup and we expect every team member to be able to work without constant supervision.
Bonus points for:
- You are awe-inspiring at NodeJS.
- You have shipped GraphQL-based products before.
- You have worked closely with UI/UX designers and Product Managers before.
- You have been exposed to JS static type checkers (Flow, Typescript,…)
- You have direct work experience with structuring and migrating databases such as MySQL and Postgres
- You have worked and thrived in a distributed team context before.
- Excellent career progression with huge growth potential
- Flexible working arrangements
- Nurturing and dynamic global team
- Opportunity to put your skills in solving a real environmental problem
PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON TO SEND YOUR CV THROUGH XPRESSJOBS
Unemployment in Sri Lanka is estimated to be over 400,000, Share this job and help another!