Senior Software Engineer - Backend Developer
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and guide people in using best practices to achieve best results ? This is a unique opportunity for a backend developer to join Ecologital, a growing and ambitious global software house, and work from our office in Colombo.
We are seeking a Backend Developer with Go, Network API design (Rest + GraphQL) and NoSQL database experience to join our development team to help to build a new futuristic SaaS platform. You could be working on complex and interesting systems utilising the latest technologies within a diverse, supportive environment whilst enjoying perks such as flexible working, training and a friendly office environment. As a backend developer you will design and develop APIs, microservices that drive various front-end applications for clients across the globe.
Ecologital prides itself on its ability to innovate so there’s no shortage of opportunity to get involved in tech discussions and introduce new things. Driven by technology the company is able to offer, where required, work from home setup during the current social distancing measures.
The backend developer role will form part of an existing team, and therefore this will need to be someone who can bring new ideas to the table, create robust architectures as well as deliver awesome (clean and reusable) code !
Essential Requirements :
- 1+ years working with Go (golang) and at least 3+ with at least one other programming language
- Experience building service-oriented architectures
- Experience building REST as well as non-REST APIs such as GraphQL
- Good understanding of any NoSQL database technology (MongoDB / Realm / Redis)
- Knowledge or experience of GCP and/or AWS (including access APIs)
- Familiarity with automated testing at different levels of the test pyramid
- Optimising performance to scale to handle large quantities of content data and high volumes of traffic across numerous websites
- Can-do positive attitude, proactive approach to problem solving
- Open-minded and demonstrate a passion for continuous learning of new technologies and share knowledge with team mates.
- You will have experience working collaboratively within a diverse development team with a non-hierarchical structure, be self-directed and be happy to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent English Oral & Written communication skills is a must
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Write lots of high performing Go (golang) components.
- Develop and operate scalable, reliable and maintainable service-based softwares and related components across the Saas platform.
- Cowork with team members to design system architecture, choose proper technologies and plan development.
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build features and products
- Design & develop server-side architecture & function logic of new services
- Design and maintain database schemas for new services
- Take part in technology and architecture discussions, advocate for devOps best practices.
- Push boundaries by researching on and adopting new technologies to enhance Ecologital's solutions & services.
- Responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to enhance software development, monitoring of software, etc.
- Deploy system to production and monitor service health
- Participate in idea brainstorming and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms and products
- Up to 10% Bonus scheme (dependent on employee & company performance)
- 20 days annual holidays (excluding public holidays)
- Travel Allowance
- Accomodation allowance
- EPF/ETF contributions by company
- Flexi hours start early / late
At Ecologital we are really passionate about our customers. We are inspired to make a difference through innovative solutions and are committed to integrity and excellence. Training will be provided and you will join a friendly team of professionals. We offer above market rate salary packages and a genuine scope to progress through the organisation.
This is a full-time role, and if selected you will work from our office in Colombo 5, Sri Lanka.
If you feel you have the skills required for the role above,
Please click the APPLY button to upload your CV via XpressJobs