Overall 7-10 years of experience in Testing Data warehousing / Business Intelligence solutions, minimum 3 years of experience in Testing BI & DWH technologies and Analytics applications. Please refer to the job advert for further information.
EY_ Consulting _Data Analytics Testing: Senior
As a Data Analytics Test Engineer, you will be responsible for testing Business Intelligence & Data warehousing Solutions both in on premise and cloud platform and should ensure Quality of deliverables. You will work closely with Test Manager/ Lead for the Projects under Test. Testing proficiency in ETL, data-warehousing, and Business Intelligence area are required for this position.
Added advantage to have experience in testing Big Data/unstructured data using Hadoop/Spark framework, cloud platform knowledge either in AWS/Azure, knowledge in predictive analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence.
Skills and attributes for success
- Delivery of Testing needs for BI & DWH Projects.
- Perform unstructured data / big data testing both in on-premise and cloud platform.
- Knowledge in any of the cloud platform (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Knowledge in Spark/ Hive.
- Knowledge in any of the data streaming tools.
- Thorough understanding of Requirements and provide feedback on the requirements.
- Develop Test Strategy for Testing BI & DWH Projects for various aspects like ETL testing & Reports testing (Front end and Backend Testing), Integration Testing and UAT as needed. Provide inputs for Test Planning aligned with Test Strategy.
- Perform Test Case design, identify opportunity for Test Automation. Develop Test Cases both Manual and Automation Scripts as required.
- Ensure Test readiness (Test Environment, Test Data, Tools Licenses etc)
- Perform Test execution and report the progress. Report defects and liaise with development & other relevant team for defect resolution.
- Prepare Test Report and provide inputs to Test Manager/ Lead for Test Sign off/ Closure
- Provide support in Project meetings/ calls with Client for status reporting.
- Provide inputs on Test Metrics to Test Manager/ Lead. Support in Analysis of Metric trends and implementing improvement actions as necessary.
- Handling changes and conducting Regression Testing
- Generate Test Summary Reports
- Co-coordinating Test team members and Development team in order to resolve the issues
- Interacting with client-side people to solve issues and update status
- Able to lead team across geographies
- Actively take part in providing Analytics and Advanced Analytics Testing trainings in the company
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Overall 7-10 years of experience in Testing Data warehousing / Business Intelligence solutions, minimum 3 years of experience in Testing BI & DWH technologies and Analytics applications.
- Experience in Bigdata testing with Hadoop/Spark framework and exposure to predictive analytics testing.
- Experience in Spark SQL / Hive QL testing is desirable.
- Experience in data migration project from on-premise to cloud platform via streaming tools.
- Very good understanding of business intelligence concepts, architecture & building blocks in areas ETL processing, Datawarehouse, dashboards and analytics.
- Experience in cloud AWS/Azure infrastructure testing is desirable.
- Working experience with python data processing is desirable.
- Extensive Testing experience in more than one of these areas- Data Quality, ETL, OLAP, Reports
- Good working experience with SQL server or Oracle database and proficiency with SQL scripting.
- Experience in backend Testing of Enterprise Applications/ Systems built on different platforms including Microsoft .Net and Sharepoint technologies
- Experience in ETL Testing using commercial ETL tools is desirable. Knowledge/ experience in SSRS, Spotfire (SQL Server Reporting Services) and SSIS is desirable.
- Experience/ Knowledge in Data Transformation Projects, database design concepts & white-box testing are desirable.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in Performance & Load Testing for backend systems is preferred. Exposure to Performance Tuning (Tuning concepts - indexes, segments, partitions, query tuning) of database systems would be an added advantage.
- Experience/ exposure to Test Automation and scripting experience in perl & shell is desirable
- Experience with Test Management and Defect Management tools preferably HP ALM
- Able to contribute as an individual contributor and when required Lead a small Team
- Able to create Test Strategy & Test Plan for Testing BI & DWH applications/ solutions that are moderate to complex / high risk Systems
- Design Test Cases, Test Data and perform Test Execution & Reporting. Should be able to perform Test Management for small Projects as and when required
- Participate in Defect Triaging and track the defects for resolution/ conclusion
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Good understanding of SDLC, test process in particular
- Good analytical & problem solving or troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Project Life Cycle and Test Life Cycle.
- Exposure to CMMi and Process improvement Frameworks is a plus.
- Should have excellent communication skills & should be able to articulate concisely & clearly
- Should be ready to do an individual contributor as well as Team Leader role
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and Consulting, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV Via XpressJobs