We’re looking for Java Seniors with expertise in Java technologies to join the GDS Technology Consulting Digital Java team. Please refer to the job advert for further information.
EY-GDS Technology Consulting Digital & Emerging Technologies – Java Senior
As part of Digital Java team, you will lead the team to deliver the projects from the technical deliverable perspective for our customers across the globe; you are expected to provide technical expertise and mentor the staffs in the projects primarily based on Java or any emerging technology; you will lead the client interactions, work on project proposals when there is a need and also take part in any technical decisions/discussions with the architects; help in solution architectures on Java technologies or any emerging technologies for the projects.
We’re looking for Java Seniors with expertise in Java technologies to join the GDS Technology Consulting Digital Java team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
Your key responsibilities
- Need to work as a technical lead in the development projects using Java technologies
- Working closely with our clients to understand their business, functional, technical, and implementation requirements
- Provide key input in technology stack evaluation and assist the architect in terms of technology choices for the projects when needed
- Design and govern the reusable accelerators, apply design patterns and reusable technical components (e.g. error handling, logging etc.)
- Working with the relevant teams to ensure the timely delivery of the projects
- Preparing technical solution and architecture documents, artefacts, work products and presentations for the customer
- Contribute towards excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Lead and mentor development teams
- Work closely with Project Managers, Senior Business Analysts, and development teams
- Take ownership of the solution delivery, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a solution
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
- Communicate with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings, and track project progress
- Interview candidates when needed and help in the recruitment process
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within stipulated time
- A background of working with development best practices.
- A willingness to be flexible in responding to issues as they occur and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
- Self-motivated, Strong communication and team building skills.
- Work iteratively in a team with continuous collaboration.
- Foster teamwork and lead by example
- Ability to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in Java 8 and above.
- Experience in REST APIs and Spring framework/Spring boot with JPA, Hibernate.
- Strong in SQL with experience in SQL Server/Oracle/any other RDBMS.
- Knowledge on object-oriented programming, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
- Experience with UML diagrams – class diagram, sequence diagrams etc, database modelling including entity-relationship diagrams.
- Hands on experience in Microservices design and development
- Strong understanding and experience of software development best practices/clean code principles/debugging practices
- Knowledge on writing Unit test cases and carrying out Unit testing using Junit, Mockito etc.
- Working experience of designing & developing solutions in cloud environments preferably Azure.
- Security experience in OAuth2/Spring Security/LDAP-basics/AWS Authentication/Azure AD/any other cloud/on-prem authentication will be useful.
- Exposure to Profiling tools like JMeter or any other tools.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Experience in projects managed in accordance with AGILE (SCRUM) methodology
- Version control software experience in Git/Bitbucket/SVN/Clear case/PVCS/any other tool
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills leveraging all available resources
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables
Good to have:
- Open API/Swagger experience.
- NoSQL database - Mongo DB/Cassandra/any other
- Experience with messaging technologies (e.g. Kafka, MQ), Event processing technologies.
- UI exposure using Angular/React will be an added advantage.
- Lead the team to come up with High level solution design in response to RFPs and experienced in sizing the project and estimating the effort.
- Knowledge on the CMMI framework.
- Expertise in distributed architectures, MOM integration technologies and message mediation. techniques using an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Experience in implementing caching mechanisms/solutions.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or a related field.
- 6 to 9 years of experience
- Experience in leading the teams
- Knowledge on process methodologies – Agile/frameworks like CMMI
Ideally, you’ll also have
Technical delivery skills
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience, and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 500 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY Consulting and other service lines globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Please click the APPLY button to SEND your CV via XPRESSJOBS