Do you have minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience? Please refer to the job advert for further information.
RWB Chartered Accountants are an established business that offers a variety of compliance and advisory services ranging from audit, accounting and bookkeeping to corporate finance, business consultancy and tax planning. We act for wide range of businesses across various industries across the UK.
We are looking for an experienced, responsible individual to join our growing team as an Bookkeeping Senior reporting to a Group Financial Controller with regular contact with Account Managers. This is an office based job working in Colombo and offers a very competitive salary dependent on experience and skills obtained
Role and Responsibilities:
- The primary function of this role is to independently ensure the accurate and timely delivery of client accounting records across a group structure consisting of two trading companies and a non-trading holding company.
- Responsible for accuracy of transactions in client accounting records in accordance with bookkeeping/VAT/Management Accounts procedures manuals.
- Daily reconciliation of bank, sales ledger and purchase ledger.
- Perform work as allocated by your line manager.
- Maintain bookkeeping and VAT checklists.
- Supplier management including travel and expenses, reconciliation and client cross charges.
- Keep up to date with all legislation and industry changes through CPD and independent research, and communicate any changes with the team.
- Identify client specific requirements and record these in the client’s bookkeeping/VAT/Management accounts section in Sharepoint.
- Actively seek to solve bookkeeping related and customer service issues.
- Preparation of payroll and payments.
- Provide support to FC to enable MI reporting across the Group.
- Work collaboratively with the Group Financial Controller and bookkeeping team.
Skill Set, Experience and Attributes required:
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience.
- Member of CA Sri Lanka or ACCA or AAT.
- Degree in relevant subject (such as Management, Business or Finance).
- In depth understanding of UK accounting standards legislation and UK company law.
- Xero certified.
- Experience working for a UK business would be preferable.
- Good understanding of UK VAT legislation.
- Ability to understand bank reconciliations, and management of purchase and sales ledger.
- In depth knowledge of debits and credits and ability to calculate and process journals.
- In depth knowledge of nominal ledger codes including treatment of Balance Sheet and P&L items.
- Experience and competence of bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work within a team environment and to your own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A positive and proactive approach to the various roles the job entails.
- Minimum intermediate Excel skills e.g. vlookups.
We will respond to short listed applicants to arrange an interview.
Please click the APPLY button to upload your CV via XpressJobs