BCD Travel is one of the top global market leaders in the business of travel. BCD Travel provides services to customers all over the world. It combines its extensive knowledge and years of experience in business travel and corporate travel management with innovative technology, intelligent data analysis and strategic solutions. Please refer to the job advert for further information.
Senior Travel Consultant (Corporate and Offshore)
- Location- Colombo
- Years of Experience - 6 to 10 years+
To provide excellent customer service to clients by delivering courteous and consultative travel arrangements. Demonstrate expertise in routings, faring and travel logistics for domestic and international reservations including air, car, hotel and ground transportation. Properly documents reservations according to standards and takes steps to provide Offshore Fares, Corporate fares or lowest, logical fare options. Exhibits experience level through a consultative approach with customers and problem-solving skills. Mentors less experienced team members and new employees.
Key areas of responsibility
- Create international/domestic travel arrangements for corporate and crew travelers including air, hotel and ground transportation (utilizing corporate, offshore fares and lowest logical fare, as required).
- Excellent geographical familiarity and aptitude, impeccable work ethic, great communication skills and strong working knowledge and understanding of international pricing rules and Offshore/Corporate fares.
- Follow-the-sun: capable of servicing clients wherever they're located in the world
- Ensure end-to-end service delivery and accuracy of travel documentations, thereby, providing seamless execution of service delivery.
- Provide complete and accurate records of bookings and offer best alternatives available in terms of pricing and routing.
- Ensure a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction delivered in accordance to the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Balances efficiency and effectiveness in providing prompt service and meeting productivity standard
- Takes the initiative to solve problems and reports solutions to management
- Supports company objectives, products, technologies and initiatives
- Upholds company policies and procedures; makes suggestions for quality improvements or efficiencies
- Demonstrates teamwork and offer's assistance to co-workers and management
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, yet team-oriented environment under stringent deadlines as requirements can change quickly and able to act on crisis management during untoward incidents.
- Responsible for any ad-hoc projects as required.
- Expertise in Offshore and Corporate travel
- Knowledge of reservation systems (GDS) is essential, preferably SABRE
- Capable of sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- Shows initiative to improve processes and making suggestions
- Supportive of management and company objectives
- Good understanding of airfares constructions principles and ticket formats.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Understanding of crew management/ Crew changes.
- Best in class compensation in par with overseas experience
BCD Travel, 148, Aluthmawatha Road Colombo 15, Sri Lanka
Please click the APPLY button to upload your CV via XpressJobs